Support for the 2011 Climate Vulnerable Forum
The Government of Bangladesh requested support from CDKN in their capacity as hosts of the 2011 Climate Vulnerable Forum (CVF).
The CVF is the first global partnership of nations from Africa, Asia, the Americas and the Pacific that has formed to deliver a powerful message on the need for urgent action on climate change, on the international stage.
- Calling on all nations to accept an equitable and ambitious international climate change agreement.
- Getting nations to commit themselves to working together to find solutions for adapting to the effects of climate change.
- Preparing and sending invitations and background information (concept note, draft programme, agenda etc.) to the October CVF in Dhaka.
- Preparing, organising, hosting and documenting of a CVF planning meeting held in London on Friday 16 September 2011.
- Preparing, organising and hosting a CVF event to brief CVF delegates on the October CVF in Dhaka, held in New York on Friday 23 September 2011.
- On-going communication and outreach efforts with delegates in the run-up to the October CVF in Dhaka.
- Developing briefing papers, the final programme and agenda, and a draft declaration for the October CVF in Dhaka, supporting decisions and outcomes of the October CVF.
- Coordinating air travel of up to 25 delegations and invited speakers for the October CVF in Dhaka.
- Preparing, organising, hosting and documenting of the CVF ministerial meeting held in Dhaka on Saturday 15 October 2011, and the senior officers meeting held prior to the ministerial meeting.
- Developing terms of reference for all aspects of the Vulnerability Framework and identifying suitable case countries for phase 2.
No Events Available
Research, Reports, Publications
No Publications Available