Supporting Government of Bangladesh to Implement National Determined Contributions
LEAD Pakistan and CDKN have been supporting Ministry of Environment and Forests in translating the (I) NDC into concrete plans and interventions, to mainstream climate compatible development (CCD) into planning processes with the aim to ultimately strengthen institutions. Evidence will be provided and institutions (and their capacities) will be strengthened to shape and develop national CCD plans into implementable climate mitigation actions for the three economic sectors: Power, Industry and Transport.
- The project seeks to equip Government of Bangladesh with clear direction to advance implementation of commitments and national priorities on climate action while enhancing understanding of the barriers and needs (financial, capacity, technology) of Government to take climate action in Bangladesh.
- It will do so by providing a roadmap and sectoral plans for action for implementation of mitigation related commitments in (I)NDC in Power, Industry and Transport sector
- The project will also enhance the understanding on institutional (government) capacity needs for implementation of (I)NDC.
- Sectoral Plans for mitigation actions in power, transport and industry sector in Bangladesh.
- A roadmap for preparation and implementation of the sectoral action plans.
- Paper on analysis of capacity needs for Government of Bangladesh for effective implementation of (I)NDC.
- Paper on learning from project implementation that could be replicated in other countries.
Funded by:DFID, DGIS
No Events Available
Research, Reports, Publications
No Publications Available