Future Proofing Indian Cities
Cities are home to a sizeable population of individuals living in poverty. Moreover, they are prone to a variety of climate hazards such as floods, cyclones and risks associated with high carbon emissions. Management consultancy firm Atkins developed a strategy called future proofing of cities to enable developing countries to cope with the risks of climate change and resource scarcity in a way that it reduces urban poverty and promotes economic development.
- Demonstrate to other cities approaches and lessons for future proofing their urban development
- Inform the scaling up and deployment of international financing for climate change
- An improved evidence base on the range of environmental risks and responses which can generate wider environmental, social and economic benefits within the cities.
- Improved awareness and capacity in each city to respond to risks.
- Improved coordination, collaboration and mobilisation of key city stakeholders in identifying and developing options for future proofing.
No Events Available
Research, Reports, Publications
No Publications Available