Scaling-up Climate Resilience with Partners for Resilience
Partners for Resilience (PfR) is a unique initiative that promotes the building of resilience across nine countries on three continents, combining different humanitarian, environmental and development approaches and resulting in eco- and climate-smart disaster risk reduction (DRR).
- Developing the ‘Minimum Standards’ for climate-smart DRR.
- Facilitating climate-smart tools for practitioners and policy-makers for community risk reduction.
- Sharing project experience for learning, dialogue and policy across levels and regions.
- Developing educational games for enabling dialogues between communities, providers of climate information, government, and humanitarian and development workers.
- PfR shared their experience from community risk assessment in all nine programme countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America as outlined in a blog.
- Participatory games are key ingredients of the Climate Centre’s learning and facilitation approaches. With CDKN support the Climate Centre was able to significantly scale up its games programme in 2012 and reach at least 3000 stakeholders.
- The CDKN project also supported ‘writeshops’ to synthesize experience as documented in Creating new paths to resilience and Local wisdom for the three pillars of resilience. Other writeshop outcomes are available at the PfR publications site.
- The humanitarian diplomacy conducted by the Climate Centre as part of PfR has influenced the agendas of most recent regional and global agreements.
No Events Available
Research, Reports, Publications
No Publications Available