Gender and State Climate Change Action Plans in India
This policy research on gender and climate change adaptation was triggered by a growing understanding that India’s adaptation policies must be gender-responsive, given that adaptive capacities and vulnerabilities to climate change are different for men and women.
- Influence four State-level governments in India to mainstream and articulate gender and inclusiveness in their SAPCC
- Demonstrate that adaptation policies need to promote climate-resilient low-input agricultural practices and address gender-based differences
- Unveil the truth behind adaptation-related gender budgeting in the four Selected States
- The project focussed on the States of Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and West Bengal.
- Incorporating gender components in State-level Climate Change Action Plans (SAPCCs)
- Undertaking primary research to highlight the gender dimensions of adaptive practices in agriculture
- Examining state budgets for allocations to adaptation sectors and to gender within them
No Events Available
Research, Reports, Publications
No Publications Available